Sunday, May 3, 2009
Last Day in Field
April 22 was my last day in field. It was actually very sad to say goodbye to all of the students and my cooperating teacher. When Kaitlyn and I got to class in the morning we had a pile of thank you notes for each of us from all of the students in the classroom. They were ADORABLE!!! The students thanked us for teaching them and they drew pictures for us and put a picture of themselves on their thank you note. I loved the students in this classroom and I am so glad that they enjoyed Kaitlyn and I being in their class this semester! Today was different from the rest of the days we have experienced in field as well. First of all, they do not have RBI anymore so the schedule was different and the students had more time for "thumbs up and thumbs down" and had time for announcements and discussions about that day and week. Also, her reading class was significantly smaller because so many of her students have progressed so much that they were able to move up to the next level of reading. This was really exciting to see and I loved to see that their hard work was paying off! Saying goodbye was hard enough for me after this semester, I can only imagine what it will be like when I have to say goodbye to my own class!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment