Sunday, May 3, 2009

Long Range Plan

I am very glad that I have had the opportunity to develop a long range plan. I feel like it is very important to be able to develop a plan for a specific subject for an entire school year. I would have had no idea how to go about this if I had not been given the opportunity to create one in my Introduction to Early Childhood class. It was great to be able to develop a plan for social studies. I was able to look at the entire picture and be able to meet all of the standards and indicators in my long range plan as well as incorporate goals for my students such as learning to cooperate and work together. I incorporated many different groupings throughout the semester and included individual work as well as group work. I have several formative assessments planned for the course as well as a summative assessment at the end of my plan. It is very different than planning individual lessons because you have to be able to look at the whole picture and decide what the best order to put the lessons in and how to build prior knowledge throughout the semester. I'm so glad that I have had the opportunity to plan a long range plan so that I will know what do to and expect for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment