Sunday, May 3, 2009
Tammy's Story
This movie was very interesting. It was incredible to see how some people have to live and how much they struggle to support their family. Tammy worked very hard to raise her sons well. She works at burger king and has to walk 10 miles to work everyday. I could never imagine having to walk 10 miles to work and back everyday. Tammy was dedicated to her family and working to raise money but her long hours at work prevents her from having anytime to get anything done at home. It's very sad to see the conditions this family lives in. I was really surprised by her sons' attitudes about working. They seemed to not care about cleaning up and stated that they were just lazy. I feel like since Tammy is not there to teach them a good work ethic, they just lay around all day because no one is there to teach them or direct them. Her sons still have hope for the future and hope for an education past high school. They have high hopes and dreams, which is a great thing. I liked how her son was so proud of his awards that he received from school. I think that the rewards he receives definitely boosts his confidence and self-esteem. If I were these boys' teacher I would try to encourage them to work hard to reach their educational goals. I would also try to help them to be more confident and not to be ashamed of where they come from. The sons should learn to work hard and take care of themselves and their home. I think that Tammy's sons could do a lot more to help her out. I think she has hope for their future as well as her own, which is a great thing. If I were their teacher I would try to teach them about having a good work ethic and to take care of themselves and their families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment